Planning & Zoning
For the purpose of promoting health, safety, morals, public convenience, general prosperity and public welfare, to conserve and protect property and property values; to secure the most appropriate use of land; and to facilitate adequate but economical provision of public improvements, all in accordance with a comprehensive plan, the Board of Commissioners of Billings County finds it necessary and advisable to regulate the location, height, bulk, number of stories and size of buildings and other structures.
New Construction or Change of Use
Building & Zoning Certificates are required, reviewed, and approved by the Planning & Zoning Department, Zoning Board, and the Board of County Commissioners before:
- beginning any new construction,
- moving a building or structure,
- whenever the outside dimensions of an existing building are altered
- changing the use of the property, or
- subdividing land.
Please be advised that if you are to build or bring in any new structures to your property, you are required to contact our office for a Zoning Application before you do any building.
|Month||Deadline for Applications*||Published in BC Pioneer||Zoning Board Meeting Date|
by County Commissioners
|Feb. 25||March 4 & 11||Thursday, March 18||Tuesday, April 6, 2021|
|April||March 25||April 1 & 8||Thursday, April 15||Tuesday, May 4, 2021|
|May||April 29||May 6 & 13||Thursday, May 20||Tuesday, June 1, 2021|
|June||May 27||June 3 & 10||Thursday, June 17||Tuesday, July 6|
|July||June 24||July 1 & 8||Thursday, July 15||Tuesday, August 3|
Applications must be received by 4:00 PM on the noted date. Dates and times are subject to change.
*If no items or applications have been received by the deadline, the meeting will be cancelled.
- AMENDMENT Domestic Fowl FINAL
- Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Land Use Plan (PDF)
- Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Amendment 6.16 Medical Marijuana - Compassion Centers, adopted June 5, 2018 (PDF)
- Amendment 6.17 Temporary Uses, adopted February 11, 2020 (PDF)
- Subdivision Ordinance (PDF)
- Planning and Zoning Fees (PDF)
- Planning & Zoning Department Brochure (PDF)